"And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." Matthew 16:15
"I have but one passion: It is Jesus, it is Jesus alone. The world is the mission field and the mission field is the world; and therefore, that country will be my home where I can be most used in winning souls for Christ." Count Nicholaus Ludwig von Zinzendorf, Moravian missionary, 1700 – 1759
Jesus has given His church – has given us – a compelling mission, a MAIN THING: to go, tell others of the love of Jesus and make disciples! The challenge for every church is to “keep the main thing the main thing!”
“For too long, too many North American Christians have thought that sitting passively in the back row to get fed is what’s required of them, or that the main goal of finding a church is to attend one you ‘like.’
The goal of any Christian should never be to find a church you like and sit in the back row. The goal should be to fully engage the mission.” Carey Nieuwhof
The need for today is to have every church filled with engaged Christians. It is engaged Christians who advance the mission.
Engaged people are passionate people. They know what the mission is. They serve in it. They live it out.
"Over the long-term in a church, you can accomplish more with 50 engaged Christians than with 250 disengaged attenders. The disengaged group will dwindle. The 50 engaged Christians will advance the mission and never stay the same." Carey Nieuwhof
Yes, only God can bring growth. But he uses people who are engaged to do it.
Here are five ways we can engage the mission of our church to go and make disciples of Jesus:
1. Become a Christian and grow up spiritually. This is the ultimate starting point to experience a life engaged in the purpose and will of God for our lives and our church.
2. Join the mission. People who join in serving in the mission to reach others for Christ are people who are engaged in the mission.
3. Bring a Friend. Engaged people are passionate enough about it to invite their friends.Taking responsibility to invite our friends, relatives, associates and neighbors to consider the claims of Christ and to discover Christ through the ministry of our church will keep us engaged in the mission.
4. Choose Community. Connecting with other Christ followers in a small fellowship group, serving in ministry, doing outreach with others and caring for others are all examples of how community will keep us engaged in the mission.
5. Give Generously. To generously invest our time, our gifts and abilities, and our finances for the cause of Christ will keep us engaged in the mission.
Watermark Church desires to develop engaged, mission-minded followers of Christ. Join us this Sunday, 1/13 at 10:30am as we look at how to become mission minded in 2019, and set personal goals for growth as followers of Christ during this next year!
Watermark Church New Members Class to be offered Sunday, January 20 from 11:45AM – 1:00 PM. Sign up today for our New Members Class and Lunch on Sunday, January 20, immediately following the morning worship service. You will learn about the vision, beliefs, ministries and responsibilities of membership at Watermark Church. Pizza lunch will be served. Please sign-up using the connections card in your bulletin this Sunday morning, or contact Pastor Larry if you would like to participate.
Do you have a plan for reading through the New Testament this year? Here is one Ava and I are beginning to use —reading five chapters each week. In 52 weeks, you will complete the entire New Testament —and if you miss a day, you can catch up on the weekend.
Watermark Church Prayer list - send your prayer requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the Watermark Church family will pray for the needs of our church and community.
The 20-somethings/College and Career small group is continuing on Sunday evenings in February. The group will meet at JC and Saran Kellis’ home – 2081 Apple Knoll Lane, Middletown, 45044. See Isaiah and Kristen Hruby for more details.
The Men’s Fellowship Breakfast is held every Friday at 7:00 AM, and the location is at the Waffle House at the Monroe Outlets / SR 63 & I-75. Join with the men of Watermark Church for an encouraging time of fellowship!
A woman's Bible Study is starting up at 9:30 AM Sundays, taught by Claudia Shrive.
The Prophecy and World Events class is being offered at 9:30 AM Sundays, taught by Pastor Ron.
Life Group: The Gibson’s and Settimos’ Life Group bible study meets every other Friday. Contact Paul or Nathan for more info.
Together engaging the mission of being and making disciples,