Dear Watermark Church family,
“I’m writing… so you’ll know how to live in the family of God. That family is the church…” 1 Timothy 3:14,15 New Century Version
“We love, because He first loved us. If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.” 1 John 4:19-21
One of the answers to the question “What on earth am I here for?” is that we were made for fellowship in God’s family! You and I were formed by God to live in and contribute to the community of believers in Christ. There are a few levels of fellowship.
1. One level of fellowship is friendship. As we become involved in the lives of others in the community of believers (the church), we become friends. This means learning to share with one another. We share our life experiences. We share our homes and our possessions. We share our needs and problems with one another.
2. Fellowship also means that we develop a partnership with one another. Each of us has something to contribute to the health and growth of the body of Christ. Each of us is gifted by God and has a unique role to fill in fellowship with others.
3. Fellowship is like being in a family. Christians are members of God’s household with other “brothers and sisters” in the faith! We care for each other, stay committed to each other in any crisis, rejoice with one another and weep together. As a spiritual family, the church is a place God created for us to belong to and to thrive in.
Are you actively participating in fellowship in the family of God? Join us this Sunday at 10:30am at Watermark Church! There is no greater joy than to live out your journey with Christ in fellowship with other followers of Jesus!
Pot Luck Lunch – Join us on Sunday, March 31 after the 10:30AM morning worship service for a meal together, along with great fellowship! Please bring 1) a main dish or 2) a side dish or dessert to share!
Church Cleaning/Maintenance Crew being formed - If you would like to be a part of the Watermark Church cleaning/maintenance team to keep the church facility looking clean and fresh for those who visit or use the building, please contact Tim Kellis by emailing Him firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discovering Your S.H.A.P.E. for Ministry Class / Lunch – To be held on Sunday, March 10 after the morning worship service. Your spiritual gifts, passion, abilities, personality and life experiences all make up who you are. Put them all together and discover how God has shaped you for ministry in His church and beyond. Sign up for this enlightening class today on the connection card on Sunday and place it in the offering plate. Lunch is included.
Youth Group – March schedule
- Sunday, March 10th @ 5:30PM HS/ 6:30PM JH - Bible Study
- Saturday, March 16th Dodgeball Tournament
- Sunday, March 24th @ 5:30PM HS/ 6:30PM JH - Bible Study
- Pray for Susan Ries, for strength and to feel better.
- Pray for Chris Morgan, for relief from back pain
- Pray for Ron and Peggy German, and for Ron’s father, who has been diagnosed with
- Continue to pray for Diane Crowder, who has not been feeling well for several weeks.
Did you know? ...during the months of November through February, our church facility is used five nights a week by various community groups. Now that is practicing hospitality!
The 20-somethings/College and Career small group is looking for new members. See Isaiah and Kristen Hruby for more details.
The Men’s Fellowship Breakfast is held every Friday at 7:00 AM, and the location is at the Waffle House at the Monroe Outlets / SR 63 & I-75. Join with the men of Watermark Church for an encouraging time of fellowship!
A Women’s Bible Study is being taught by Claudia Shrive on Sunday mornings at 9:30AM at the church.
A Prophecy and World Events class is being offered at 9:30 AM Sundays, taught by Pastor Ron.
Life Group: The Gibson’s and Settimos’ Life Group bible study is meeting this Friday at 7:00 PM at the Settimo’s home. They will be looking at what the Bible has to say about current events. Contact Paul or Nathan for more info.
Monroe Hornet Girls’ Softball fundraiser – Comedy for a Cause. Three local Christian comedians will be entertaining this Saturday, March 2 from 7:30-9:00pm at Watermark Church, to raise funds for the Monroe HS girls’ softball team, coached by Tim Kellis. The cost is $10 for an individual and $20 for a family of 4. Tickets available at the door for an additional charge of $5.00. See Tim or Patti Kellis for tickets.
Together enjoying fellowship in the family of God,