Dear Watermark Church family,
For seven years, the Midianites had attacked and oppressed Israel, because Israel had done “evil in the sight of the Lord.” Despite the unfaithfulness of His people, God still chose to provide for them a deliverer from their enemies. The person God chose is Gideon, a man who initially possessed little faith and who had a bleak outlook for his future and the future of Israel.
But when God steps into your life, and asks you to join Him in His work, everything changes!
“The angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon and said to him, “The Lord is with you, O valiant warrior.” Judges 6:13
Though Gideon did not see Himself as a valiant warrior, God does! We simply need to believe God and let His grace be seen through our weakness.
Like Gideon, God is asking us to see the invisible, choose the imperishable, do the impossible.
Every day, God has something in mind to bring Him the glory He deserves, and He wants to use someone like you to do it! But He uses the weak things of this world to shame the wise. He uses the unassuming and the ordinary, so that all will know the victory God wins through us has been accomplished by Him!
“Then Gideon and all the people who were with him, rose early and camped beside the spring of Harod… The Lord said to Gideon, “The people who are with you are too many for Me to give Midian into their hands, for Israel would become boastful, saying, ‘My own power has delivered me.’ Now therefore come, proclaim in the hearing of the people, saying, ‘Whoever is afraid and trembling, let him return and depart from Mount Gilead.’” So 22,000 people returned, but 10,000 remained.”
God whittled Gideon’s army down from 32,000 men to 10,000. Eventually, God reduced that number to only 300! When the odds look stacked against the followers of God, that is when God can reveal His power, might, love and mercy the most!
Will you let God use you by faith, even when you feel unprepared, weak or unequipped for the task? Faith says, “I will step out in His strength. I am confident, because He is with me!”
Join us this Sunday, April 7 at 10:30am at Watermark Church as we look at how Gideon’s faith was tested by God, was developed by God, and was honored by God. We too can grow strong in faith, overcoming our doubts and being used by God for His glory and our joy.
Easter Sunday is April 21! Here are a few volunteer opportunities for Easter Sunday:
1. PRAY for many new visitors to join us on Easter Sunday, and that they would find forgiveness and new life in Jesus.
2. Invite your friends, relatives, neighbors and co-workers. Invitation cards are available on Sunday morning for our Easter service on April 21 at 10:30 AM.
3. Packing plastic Easter Eggs! Pick up a bag of empty plastic eggs from the church lobby this morning, fill them with candy and return them by Sunday, April 14. (Please group together and label any plastic eggs filled with gluten free or peanut-free candy.)
4. Please bring a plate of cookies or breads/pastries by 10:00 AM on Easter morning for the refreshment table for our visitors to enjoy.
5. We need a couple of volunteers to help set out the eggs for the Egg Hunt on Easter morning, 4/21, and then to run the Easter Egg Hunt after the worship service. Let Patti Kellis know if you can help.
Youth Group – April schedule
- April 6th or 7th - Escape Room
- Sun, 14th @ 5:30 HS/ 6:30 JH - Bible Study
- Sun, 28th @ 5:30 HS/ 6:30 JH - Bible Study
Baptism – We are planning a baptism for anyone wishing to publicly profess their faith in Christ. Please fill out the connection card this Sunday if you would like to be baptized.
Church Cleaning/Maintenance Crew being formed – If you would like to be a part of the Watermark Church cleaning/maintenance team to keep the church facility looking clean and fresh, please let George Shrive know this Sunday.
The Men’s Fellowship Breakfast is held every Friday at 7:00 AM at the Waffle House at the Monroe Outlets / SR 63 & I-75. Join with the men of Watermark Church for an encouraging time of fellowship!
A Women’s Bible Study is being taught by Claudia Shrive on Sunday mornings at 9:30AM at the church.
A Prophecy and World Events class is being offered at 9:30 AM Sundays, taught by Pastor Ron.
Life Group: The Gibson’s and Settimos’ Life Group bible study is meeting every other Friday at 7:00 PM at the Settimo’s home. They will be looking at what the Bible has to say about current events. Contact Paul or Nathan for more info.
Together joining God in His work by faith,