Dear Watermark Church family,
“And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations (“ethne” = ethnic groups), baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
God has a goal and a plan to reach this world with the Good News of Jesus Christ. His goal is that every person, in every nation, in every ethnic group, no matter how large or small, would hear the gospel of Jesus.
In fact, just as Jesus was sent by God into the world with this mission, Jesus sends us out with the same mission! John writes, “So Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.’ ” John 20:21 As followers of Jesus, we have all been given the same mission – to go and tell the world, with our words and through how we live.
The plan is simple – through the church, we are to begin to share with people right where we are and keep increasing our circle of influence. Look at the example of the early church: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” Acts 1:8
How does this example of the early church relate to you and me?
1. I am created by God to share Christ with those in my immediate world. For example, who do you know that you could invite to our Easter Sunday celebration on April 21?
2. I can dare to reach beyond my immediate world. How can we influence our city? How can you meet needs of people beyond your circle of friends? Clothing ministry? Vacation Bible School? Other ways?
3. I can care about the whole world. Two million Americans will pass into eternity this year, most without Christ. Fifty-four million people will enter eternity this year. Who will be in heaven because I fulfilled God’s mission for me to tell others about the love of Christ, seen through His death and resurrection for our sins? Can I pray for the lost around the world? Can I support mission activity around the world?
Let’s start start today, by simply asking my neighbor or co-worker, friend or relative, “What can I pray for you today?” Let them know the God you have come to know loves them dearly. As you begin to share the gospel more abundantly with others, watch what God will do through you!
Pot Luck Lunch – Join us on Sunday, March 31 after the 10:30AM morning worship service for a meal together, along with great fellowship! Please bring 1) a main dish or 2) a side dish or dessert to share!
Baptism – We are planning a baptism for anyone wishing to publicly profess their faith in Christ. Please fill out the connection card this Sunday if you would like to be baptized.
Church Cleaning/Maintenance Crew forming – If you would like to be a part of the Watermark Church cleaning/maintenance team to keep the church facility looking clean and fresh, please let George Shrive or Tim Kellis know this week by emailing Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Group – March schedule
- Sunday, March 24th @ 5:30 PM HS/ 6:30 PM JH - Bible Study
- Pray for Ron and Peggy German, as Ron’s father passed away on 3/16.
- Pray for Emma Reuss, who had her thyroid removed recently. She is doing very well.
- Pray for Marcia Moore, who is battling pneumonia and is in the hospital.
- Pray for Susan Ries, for strength and to feel better.
- Pray for Chris Morgan, as she recovers at home from back surgery.
- Pray for Diane Crowder, who has not been feeling well for several weeks.
Supporting Monroe HS and our local community - Last week, Watermark Church hosted dozens of Monroe HS students for ACT testing at our church. A big thanks to everyone who came in to clean our facility!
The Men’s Fellowship Breakfast is held every Friday at 7:00 AM at the Waffle House at the Monroe Outlets / SR 63 & I-75. Join with the men of Watermark Church for an encouraging time of fellowship!
A Women’s Bible Study is being taught by Claudia Shrive on Sunday mornings at 9:30AM at the church.
A Prophecy and World Events class is being offered at 9:30 AM Sundays, taught by Pastor Ron.
Life Group: The Gibson’s and Settimos’ Life Group bible study is meeting every other Friday at 7:00 PM at the Settimo’s home. They will be looking at what the Bible has to say about current events. Contact Paul or Nathan for more info.
Together om mission for Christ,